Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Proud Parent Moments

One step closer to getting her license Candace took her written final today with the state and PASSED!  She has been studying so hard for the past few days she was told by several friends its hard and you really have to know your stuff.  Joe and I are so proud of her for passing on the first try.  She will take her practical on the 16th in St. George once she passes that she can apply for a job, until then she is still working at Parkers and will tend for any of the neighbors. 
Tyler was in his first choir concert for the year.  Miss Warby is an amazing choir teacher the kids love her and she loves teaching you can tell she loves what she does.  It also helps that she is a member of the Tabernacle Choir or as the high school kids say Motab Choir.  Yes he can sing even though you never see him sing in sacrament meeting.  I am so proud of my kids its so much fun being a mom.  All  the sleepless nights when they were little are soon forgotten and now we have sleepless nights waiting for them to come home from dates.  I treasure every moment with them, because they will soon be gone and starting there own lives and families.


3 comments:

Leanne said...

So true, I can't believe how fast the days go by. Way to go Tyler, that is so awesome that he is getting that experience! I got my stuff from the newspaper, my mom saw a dryer and chair for $25, but I spent $350 on my chair from some place in Salt lake. Because my chair is one that leans back into the sink(not all chairs lean back) it was a little more, but worth the investment, because I still have it, still use it, and it looks great! Sally Beauty supply has good chairs. I do like the multi purpose one though for home use. A sink, mine is ceramic, you can get a plastic one for fairly cheap, I would look on craigslist.com, or ksl.com for some stylist selling her ceramic one.(mine was used) Where in your house are you putting a salon. I loved having one at my mom's because it gave me an excuse to be there all the time.:) Is she going to work in a salon?

www.mostblessedman.blogspot.com said...

Congrats Candace! Tyler...the ward choir needs your help!

President & Sister Smith said...

Congrats to the Ashby family! We love you.