Sunday, December 7, 2008

Christmas Traditions

The day after Thanksgiving my mother has all 21 grandkids come to her house to decorate the Christmas tree.  After they are done they all head upstairs to decorate gingerbread cookies.  This is a highlight for all the kids even the big kids think this is great.  Sugar overload is an understatement by the end of the decorating.  That evening around 10pm  the sisters the girls 12 and older head out to shop and will usually stay out until wee hours of the morning.  Even if you don't buy anything you still have a great time.  This year at the Parker Christmas party we decided to put items together for the House of Hope located in Provo instead of buying Christmas gifts for each other.  What a rewarding experience it was for all the family to help with such an awesome project.  Thanks to all my family members for making it a success.  

On Friday night we headed up to Zoo lights it was very cold, but we had so much fun.  My parents went and we met my sister and her family there.   I think this could become a tradition to try and do every year.
We had the Scott family Christmas party today.  I love going because there are some family members that I only see once a year.  Tyler was so excited to sit on Santa's lap he told him all he wanted for Christmas was more hugs from his Grandma.  The little kids thought he was so funny.  You can never be to old to sit on Santa's lap.

4 comments:

www.mostblessedman.blogspot.com said...

Family Holiday traditions are the best!

Anonymous said...

Thos gingerbread cookies look big and yummy!

Deena ♥ Curtis said...

Hey Brenda,
I couldn't get up and downstairs in time when you came by to see Kayden.. I need your email address if you haven't noticed already I've taken my blog private.. Get me your address so I can add you.. BTW Kayden is so excited for primary now.. not sure what you said to him.. THANKS!!

Sherilyn said...

Just checking out the bloggers in our ward. What fun family things you did this season. Your kids are all grown up. Wish they could stay little a bit longer! Thanks for making a difference in our lives. Your family is the best!